About Me

My photo
I am mom to 4 beautiful children who I adore! Spend any free time I can find, crafting and enjoying my teenagers while I still have them home with me! I love creating scrapbook pages, minis, name frames, fairy bottles, you name it! If it is crafty, I am doing it!

me and my son Bradley

Hannah banana

Bekah boo

Taylor (little miss)
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Jewelry Box Contest on LSH

Hello all my fellow crafters!  Sorry for the long break between posts!  I am EXTREMELY busy here, between full-time job, full-time mom/maid/chef/wife (and in that order!), swaps, scrapbooking, paper crafting, and etsy shop.....whew...I am finally finding time to post pics of my latest creation!  :o)

This is a contest hosted by our September Guest Designer on LSH, Erin R.  You can also find her at missmagoocreates as well as a youtube channel propsqueen81.

The contest is to create/decorate your own jewelry box.  You can embellish any box/jewelry box or make your own box and embellish.  Thanks to our wonderful Cynthialoowho, I created my jewelry box from her template and tutorial on UStream.

This is my first time to embellish/alter a box, much less to CREATE the box too!!!  It was quite a challenge for me.  I am not completely satisfied with the end result. My bathroom is brown and turquoise, so I matched the colors up perfectly to what I wanted.  Just don't think I did enough embellishing! I need more bling! As I was finishing up the box, several other box ideas came to mind.  So I will be creating many more boxes!!!  Making them for Christmas gifts! :o) 

Here are pics of what I came up with for the contest.  Enjoy!







God bless you all and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment